Monday 6 January 2014

Hello everyone in the 2014 year, actually on 6th day of the new year. I don't know where exactly you're now, but in London and as I know in most parts of Europe there is a bit of autumn,
a bit of spring (like today's late morning), wind (rather strong), rain (well...), sometimes sun,
more than 10C degrees. It seems like winter is just in the calendar.
I cleaned up my Christmas tree today but I know that I am going to find Christmas tree needles for a long time yet around in my house, like every, previously year- it's another sort of tradition. Together with the Christmas tree, all holiday decorations will go to their boxes soon as well.
And as I am not sure what the season is now and also all Christmas cakes and cookies are gone, which doesn't meant that I am not going to eat any cake any more (because of the new year, new month, Monday and all those 'new beginning' resolutions... It doesn't work, does it?),
I found a new idea for a cake. It's so fresh and also links to my winter recipes a little bit,
as I use poppy seeds mostly at winter time. I hope that for all of you the new 2014 year
will be like this cake - keeping the perfect balance between different tastes.
Awaking and refreshing us because of this very, very lemon custard and giving us a delicious texture with its poppy and vanilla sponge.
I wish that we could all keep a balance between everything in our life, to find time
for rest and work, for family and friends, for ourselves. To find some new, fresh ideas in our life,
which will give us positive energy but still keeping our base from where
we can derive our strength and peace.
Oh, what a dreamy girl is writing here, well... But really, if managed with a perfect cake,
why not try the same with real life?!






2 comments:

  1. Cudownie i tak odświeżająco wygląda Twój torcik Asieńko! :) najlepszego w tym Nowym Roku :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dla Ciebie! Kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete